The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I'm going nuts

I really hate puns. But that never stops anyone from using them, does it?

I'm supposed to be studying but I'm not focusing too well. I was snacking on some assorted nuts and began thinking about all the many different kinds there are...
This particular mix consisted of peanuts, almonds, pecans, Brazilian nuts, cashews, and filberts.

I would have to say this mix was quite delicious, even though it lacked my favorite nuts: walnutsa and hazelnuts. Hazelnuts are pretty expensive though.

Then there are cacao nuts. I've never had one before, but chocolate can be derived from them so I like them. I've never had a kukui nut either, but I have a bracelet and necklace made out of them...I'm pretty sure they are mostly used for Hawaiian jewelry rather than for food.

Macademia nuts are also delicious. Especially with chocolate. And pistachios are fun. They require some effort to eat, but are tasty. Pistachio ice cream is good too.

Oooo I miss the nut-flavored gelatto from Italy...A scoop of hazelnut and a scoop of chocolate--Pure heaven.

Did I miss any nuts? I don't think coconut counts...maybe it does...who knows really?

Alas, now I must return to the no-nut world that is organic chemistry. Au revoir mes amis.

1 Comments:

Blogger Klobas said...

I rate this distraction from studying as an 'A' - it was completely random, completely useless, but nevertheless held together coherently in a unifield form. Well done. Kudos to you.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home