The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Time to Kill

No, it's not time to kill someone, I just mean that I have some time to kill. Here's what happened:

I got up early so that I could shower and thoroughly wake myself up before HEPE. I have a problem with falling asleep in that class, but after getting a 76% on the first test, I have resolved to never fall asleep in class again. I could have done it today. Except that class was cancelled. I knew it was cancelled. But I forgot. I wasn't the only one either...I would estimate that at least 70 people forgot.

So now I'm sitting here in the JSB, eating an apple and wasting time. The apple is really crispy and juicy, and it's wonderfully tart, as green apples should be. It's awfully noisy though, and it's a little embarrassing, but hey, I wouldn't care if they all ate loud apples.

I have been thinking about my life lately, which is normal, I suppose, as I am getting used to college and living on my own and all that nonsense. I have a lovely life. I have a nice apartment with nice roommates (even if some of them are quite lacking in the cleanliness department) and some wonderful friends. I go to a nice school with good facilities and good professors (ahem, for the most part). Every weekend I fear that I will be bored and not have anything to do, but it always works out and I haven't been bored yet. I even have a date this weekend ;) . It's for a homework assignment, but it's a date nonetheless.

I have a wonderful family. My sister, who conveniently lives down the street from me, always makes sure that I am taken care of and that I am doing well. I talk to my parents every week, and they are always willing to help me if I need anything. My little brothers are incredibly entertaining, and Matt even comments me on myspace. I don't have very much contact with my older brother, but I hear of his doings and he hears of mine. We've never really been close because of our age difference, but we've never really minded that either. I hear my cat is still alive, which is wonderful. I miss Chester. He always made me laugh, that mischievous thing.

My friends are amazing. I can't say I have a lot of really good friends here, but I am content, and I have lots of friends back home who I love very much. There are a couple of them that I talk to almost every day.

Yes, life is good. I can't say it's perfect, but things are going well. I still don't know what I'm going to major in, or how I'm ever going to fit harp and music in with school. I don't have a job, and I am suspicious of all boys. Some of my roommates don't clean up after themselves, and we don't have a working vacuum so our apartment is filthy. Strangely enough I am not doing well in classes like HEPE and Book of Mormon, yet I am acing my Physics class. But I don't really mind.

Mmm ten more minutes until I have class.

My mind is suddenly blank. The other night as I lay in bed, I had all these deep thoughts and I wanted to turn on the computer and just type the night away. I refrained. Now I wonder where those thoughts have gone. Are they gone forever? Maybe I'm just more intelligent at night. It's possible.

I wish the blood drive place would email me back. I really want to give blood and volunteer as a helper person (ahem I love blood drives and I need service hours to "repay" my scholarship, so it's like a two-for-one).

Have a wonderful day, world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home