The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Thursday, November 16, 2006

A lot of confusion, but no complaints

Background: Roommates D and E are not the cleanliest of creatures you could meet. In fact, I hardly eat in the kitchen at all anymore. For someone who has an obsession with cleaning up dishes/messes (ahem, ME), a kitchen like ours is a nightmare. And although we all contribute to the mess, some contribute more than others (namely, Roommates D and E).

Fast-forward to about an hour ago: I come home, and our kitchen has been taken apart. Roommate E declares that she decided to clean the ENTIRE kitchen. Why? Where did this sudden motivation come from? Apparently she decided to wash the dishes (which is a big deal in itself), but that required unloading the dish drainer, and then as she put a pan away, noticed the enormous pan drawer was dirty, so she emptied it, took it out, and proceeded to wash it. Then the space where the drawer had been needed mopping so she began to mop, and then apparently said, what the heck, why don't I just clean the entire kitchen.

Her claim is that she gets OCD about things like that sometimes. Not possible. I was so picky about cleanliness in this house the first couple weeks living here. I eventually stifled it and resorted to eating in my room and staying out of the kitchen as much as I could. Even then, my obsessive cleaning habits have been made manifest on various occasions when I just can't take it anymore.

If she has OCD, then I am in serious need of rehab.

I am grateful though. I can't wait for a clean kitchen. Just incredibly confused on why she didn't decide to do this earlier.

Clean kitchens make me so happy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a different type of OCD.

For example, I hate leaving a job half-done. I am a perfectionist. Thus, if I don't have time to clean something entirely, I don't want to clean it at all because then I look at it afterward and say "Is that the best you can do? Slacker". I think Roomie E may be one of us.

qbiddnbp: latest hit song by Hanson.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home