The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas shopping

I went Christmas shopping today. I nearly finished. One more small trip to the Bookstore tomorrow (although it's hardly a "trip" since I'll already be on campus) and I'll be finished!

It's funny though. I didn't know how to answer when my mother asked me what I wanted for Christmas. But as I was shopping for other people, I began to think of things I would want. I even bought a few things for myself, but I won't open them until Christmas of course.

So I'm going to make a list of things I might like as gifts, so that next year I'll have a reference. And so all you people can get me presents.

Just kidding.

Presents I like:
1. Brain teaser types of things...I like 3-D puzzles, Snafooz (which I have yet to find in any store, by the way), Rush Hour, Sudoku...Scientific-y things that present a challenge. But not Rubix Cubes. Ever.
2. Games. Preferably not complicated, science fiction, or movie themed. There is a game called "Curses" that Mustacheboy's mom introduced me to in seminary...That would make a good gift. Cool card games are also good. I love card games.
3. Books. If you know a good read, why not pass it on? I'm always looking for stuff to read (not that I have time, but still. I love books). I don't really have a collection of my own...Books I'd like to own in the future might include Lord of the Flies; Fahrenheit 451; Cry, the Beloved Country; the Northern Lights Series (aka His Dark Materials in the US)...I like Roald Dahl (yes I know I'm weird) but I own pretty much all of his books...Preferably not Dan Brown. He's good with complicated plots, but he lacks depth. Although I still haven't read Angels and Demons, so I wouldn't mind that one...
4. Music. Any type of music, besides country perhaps. It's one of my favorite things to find new types of music and new artists...CD's that are thoughtfully put together by friends are also really fun and I usually end up listening to them for a long time afterwards...
5. Jewelry. Necklaces and earrings especially. I have this bad habit of collecting really cool earrings and then having so many that I hardly wear them, but I don't see any harm if I'm given earrings...
6. Random stuff. I like being surprised, and I like it when friends can come up with cool things that incorporate inside jokes. Gifts like that mean the most, and usually cost the least.

Ok that's all I can think of, but I'm sure it will come in handy when people ask me what I want for my birthday or Christmas next year. Huzzah.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about chocolate? How do you feel about that?

7:48 PM  
Blogger Stephalumpagus said...

Oh Fran, chocolate is ALWAYS an option. Especially if it's Ghirardelli, European, or has hazelnuts in it.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Chase said...

I think you could use a one-way ticket out of this hole.

I know I could.

And suddenly (Seymour) I've the soundtrack to Little Shop of Horrors (movie, second version) stuck in my head.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home