The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmasness

For those of you concerned, my neck was doing much better. Until today. It recracked itself. Not as badly, but it does hurt again. It's a work in progress I suppose...

But enough about necks (you happy, Guillermo?). Thought I'd just update on the past couple of days. On Wednesday I gave my number to a random cute/nice guy I met in the Wilk. It was way beyond my comfort zone to do such a thing, but I did it. Then I ran for my life. He never called.

A few weeks ago, I bought a little Hershey's cookbook full of recipes for amazing treats. Roommate B and I decided to go all out and cook anything that looked remotely delicious. So Thursday night we spent over $70 on groceries (but we saved $40 with our Smith's card) and cooked all day Friday while watching the Nightmare Before Christmas. Twice. We rented Elf and watched it that night. Yesterday we finished up our cooking and then, with aching stomachs, we watched A Muppet Christmas Carol and Teen Girl Squad cartoons to end the day. If anyone wants to be my friend, come over and I'll give you treats. We have plenty.

I went to Park City yesterday afternoon for a bell gig. It was 17 degrees when we got there, and 13 degrees when we left. For me, that was a bit too cold, especially since we played chimes outside for an hour, and by the end of the night I was ready to hack my toes off because they hurt so bad. It was fun though. And I got to try Mexican hot chocolate. SO GOOD.

So I'm basically just enjoying the Christmas music and decorations and goodies and all the hoopla that comes with the season. The snow is beautiful (even though I'm not a fan of the cold), and I'm way excited to go home after finals.

:)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is Mexican hot chocolate?

8:13 PM  
Blogger Stephalumpagus said...

I'm not exactly sure what the Mexicans put in the hot chocolate to make it so amazing...I've heard it's some sort of pepper spice stuff...It's really good...

8:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Really? I heard it was some sort of beetle that makes its home out of the fecal matter of monkeys that eat the Cocoa Bean tree. Yummy.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home