The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Friday, January 19, 2007

Bananas, Vitamin B, and God

Okay, so most of you know that I'm preparing for an audition to the Music School right now. I'm auditioning on the harp with the hopes of being a sound recording major. Yes, you have to get into the Music School first.

My audition is next Saturday. I didn't start preparing for the audition until Christmas break--as in, the end of December. I basically had a month to prepare two pieces and a technique piece. And I wanted them memorized for the audition. Yikes.

I finished memorizing them today. My fingers were painfully blistered for a few days, and now the blisters are turning into callouses. It still hurts to play, but it's definitely getting better. And I'm doing much better with preparation than I had anticipated.

Nevertheless, I am nervous. Hopefully bananas and Vitamin B will help. Hopefully God will help too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Charlene said...

You will be amazing! You're steph, how could you not be?

12:32 AM  
Blogger Klobas said...

you said you didn't have blisters. mentirosa!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Klobas said...

I mean good luck

8:57 AM  
Blogger Chase said...

Good luck with your auditions! Personally, I recommend pastrami over bananas. Then again, I hate bananas so I'll recommend anything over them.

But yeah, if it doesn't work, you could always audition on maracas?

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home