The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Saturday, January 27, 2007

It's over.

The audition and all that crap is finally over. I feel like a huge burden has been lifted, and I'm weary.

It went okay. I killed the Debussy. I kept going though, floundering my way to end. It's a shame because that's such a lovely piece too. The Salzedo went well. And they loved it. All three of them (the two harp majors and the harp lady herself) commented on how they had never heard this piece and that they intended on learning it. They even thanked me for choosing it. Hopefully that gets me some brownie points. The Bach went well too. I made two minor mistakes, but again I kept going and I tried to be very expressive. So it was an okay audition. Not as well as I'd hoped for, but it could have been worse.

The aural skills test was interesting. I know I did well on the rhythms portion, okay on the harmonic intervals portion, and probably not as well on the chords portion. I will find out my score later today. The good news is if I do really well on it, it could give my audition an added boost. And I can retake it as many times as I want to within the next two weeks to try to get a better score.

So yeah. I'm relieved. I may or may not get in. I really can't say. But I'm just glad it's over.

And to all of you who wished me luck, prayed for me, listened to me practice, and encouraged me---Thank you. It really did mean a lot to me that people cared. My roommates were especially wonderful--the pavement on the way out to my car greeted me with chalk encouragements that had been strategically placed late last night. Even though I was still nervous, it made me very happy to know that so many people genuinely cared about me and my success. So thanks again. I love you all.

And I will let you know later what I got on the aural skills test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home