The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Monday, January 15, 2007

Refrigerator

Roommate B and I cleaned out the fridge today. We took everything out, threw away expired/scary food, washed the racks and drawers, and put tidily put everything back in. We even made labels for the drawers and one shelf. It was beautiful.

Then Cuorderoy and her sister (aka Roommate D) came home from the grocery store. Apparently, they decided to buy a month's worth of food each so that they don't have to go shopping for a long time. I see the logic in this--I hate going grocery shopping--but with six people living here, it wasn't the smartest idea. Where do you put all that food?

I, being the obsessively organized one, heard them trying to figure out how to arrange food in the fridge and rushed to the rescue. I just don't get it. There was plenty of room. They just needed to stack a few things and refit a few others. No problem. Then Cuorderoy mentioned something about not having enough shelf space and I suggested she go through her shelves and consolidate---that huge, almost-empty tub of pretzels could go, and that random box of who-knows-what that has been sitting there the whole semester could be sorted through. Use your heads people!

It's not that this is even a big deal, I just get frustrated when people just look at something and think it's not possible without trying. And not being organized frustrates me too. How can you go through life in a mess not knowing where anything is? How can you just "huck" (to use a Utah word) things in the fridge and hope it all fits?

I really am obsessive. Another marriage requirement (apart from not being a redneck): Must be slightly organized at worst, and must be smarter than the refrigerator.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chase said...

Crap. I'm out. I lost my latest game of checkers to a refrigerator.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home