The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Salsa

Last night, Cuorderoy, Popsicle, Roommate C, and I went salsa dancing. Roommate C had gone a few times before, and she had invited some of her male co-workers from the MTC to come. Only one did, so we were all without dance partners. But that wasn't a problem.

There were a ton of people there, and Hispanic guys are way less hesitant to ask girls to dance than white guys are. So we all got to dance with random people several times. When we weren't with a guy, we just danced around each other, seeing who could be the most scandalous and move their hips the most.

It was way fun. I even danced with a tall guy who spoke very little English. He knew Roommate C, and he was very nice. And even though we didn't really understand each other, he tried to make small talk. Eventually we gave up and just danced and laughed when we bumped into other people.

This other guy I danced with was hard-core. I was slightly wary of him at first--he looked way older than me and I had no idea if he was a creep. But he was very friendly and made casual conversation, even while we were scandalously salsa-ing. And after the song was over, he made no creepy attempts to get my number or to make me dance with him again--he just thanked me for the dance and told me to have a good night.

All of us had a lot of fun, and we excitedly came home and chatted about the night. Roommate C was especially thrilled that she had danced with someone taller than her (she's 6'1"). It was lovely and I plan on going again for sure.

PS--this would make a fantastic date. If you go before 9:30, they have a class and teach you some moves. I think it's cheaper if you go early too. Plus there's a free chocolate fountain with strawberries and stuff. Any takers?

3 Comments:

Blogger Charlene said...

Can I have a cool stephalumpagus blog name?

5:44 PM  
Blogger Klobas said...

salsa dancing? pedersen? runs in the family?

8:19 PM  
Blogger Chase said...

I was just introduced to a musician named Joanna Newsom. I say check her out, she's got crazy mad lyrics accompanied by herself on the harp. I enjoyed the Sprout and the Bean (I think that's what it was called) and the Bear and the Monkey.

sberuia - How people in Bogotol pronounce their land after a long night.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home