The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Bored in American Heritage

We're learning about market weaknesses. For the second time. Plus I already did the reading. SO BORED. And usually the Masseuse is online right now, but he's not so I have no one to talk to. Blast.

Music 201 was really good today. I'm enjoying that class, even though it is difficult. The technical name for that class is Civilization: Music 1. We learn a lot more than music though. There is a ton about art and literature, and it's absolutely fascinating.

My favorite days, however, are the days when we do focus on music. Like today. We listened to pieces of Renaissance masses, Parisian chansons, and Italian madrigals. Pre-Baroque stuff. And Dr. Howard told us really cool legendy stories about some of the songs. I was basically in heaven.
Slightly nostalgic though. I was so glad to graduate and get out of Sylvan Singers in high school, but now I really miss being in a group like that. I miss singing madrigals, and masses, and just everything. There was something amazing and fulfilling about singing a really complex madrigal really well, or about singing a mass in Latin with really fervent power.

*sigh*

I need to find a really good choir to join.

Oo! The Masseuse is on now. Bye bye.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chase said...

I'm guessing Prof didn't go into solutions for market weaknesses or prove the Coase theorem or anything like that. When you get someone who's not an economist trying to teach econ, you usually end up with trite, boring crap (usually a 6 on the Bristol scale), mostly because the teacher hasn't cared enough to actually learn it.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Stephalumpagus said...

Actually it was a TA. Even worse. Nah, she's actually not bad and is an Econ minor, but...I just hate that class and all the freshmen in it...

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home