The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Feeling jovial

I'm in one of those moods where I'm alone, happy to be alone, and am chuckling to myself about various things. Like the sarcastic responses of gay bloggers to the incredibly lame anonymous comments left on their blogs. Like how my cell phone went off with its slightly gangster ring tone as I was listening to a piece from the Norton Scores anthology. Like how I'm posting a blog for no reason other than I want to post.

*chuckle*

I also feel like posting a list of pet peeves I have. To give some flavor to my chuckly mood. These are in no particular order.

1. Smells that don't belong. Such the smell of a dumpster in my apartment, the smell of old socks in my car, or the smell of sewage next to the Widtsoe building.
2. Bad smells in general. BO, mustiness, garbage, moldy dishcloths, pickles, saurkraut, etc.
3. People who are perky in the morning. I am TIRED in the morning. I DO NOT want to talk to you (in person--phone calls/IM are not bad). STOP telling me stupid random pointless long boring stories in the morning! I won't pay much attention, and I certainly won't respond much.
4. When people say incredibly awkward depressing things and expect a response. Like telling me about your co-worker's depression over her husband being deployed to Iraq, and then going on about what a *delete* President Bush is. A) I'm sorry, that sucks, but I don't know this person, 2) What the hell am I supposed to say to that? You're obviously more emotionally involved in this than I am, and D) I hate politics and would rather not rant uninformedly about our president.
5. Politics. Everything is distorted and controversial, and no matter who we get to be the president, there will always be TONS of complainers. Let's face it--most issues are lose-lose situations, and I'm sick and tired of debating about it. NO ONE IS GOING TO WIN. We will forever have differing opinions. And as far as President Bush goes, he's a good man. He's just not the brightest crayon in the box, and not the best president either. But whatever. Our nation is still successful and in tact, my freedoms are being preserved, so I'd rather not complain.
6. People who will respond to my last paragraph. Don't even bother. And if you're worried about my political notions, well...get over it and worry about yourself.
7. Wind. It messes up my hair, makes me cold, and turns my umbrellas inside-out.
8. Invasions of my personal space. I think I will just have to write a separate post about this one. There's too much to say.
9. Ditsy girls. Umm...can you NOT? The high-pitched voices, the screaming, the giggling, the incessant talk about boys and how they're so cute...Let's just stop.
10. Slow, boring, pointless stories. Consolidate. Please. Brevity is the soul of wit.
11. Puns.

That is enough for now. The chuckling is gone and I mostly want to take a shower and go to bed early. Hooray!

By the way, was Soulforce around today? Just curious. I know their march around campus is tomorrow...

3 Comments:

Blogger Peas said...

You make me smile. :D <-me

I think every single one of those things are on my list of the obnoxious...except that sometimes I like wind. And puns, but just because those have value as far as annoying you is concerned. *diabolical laugh*

8:43 PM  
Blogger Chase said...

Do you hate punes too? I love punes, or plays on words.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Thirdmango said...

Puns? I part of my soul just died.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home