The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A potpourri of little things I have read recently that I like.

"God does not stop loving us every time we do something wrong, and neither should we stop loving ourselves." --Harold Kushner's "How Good Do We Have to Be?"

"If we are lucky, marriage means finding someone to tell us that the way we are is just fine, and there is nothing we need to change." --Harold Kushner's "How Good Do We Have to Be?"

"The moon and Pleiades
are set. Midnight
and time spins away.
I lie in bed, alone." --Sappho "Alone"

"Since I am forgotten by you,
sweet friend, I bid farewell
to a life of love and joy.

"Unlucky was the day I
placed my love in you;

"Since I am forgotten by you,
sweet friend.

"But what was promised you
I will sustain: That I shall
never have any other love.

"Since I am forgotten by you,
sweet friend, I bid farewell
to a live of love and joy." --Guillaume da Machaut "Puis qu'en oubli"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home