The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Golden Compass

I know I'm a nerd, so if you are thinking that, you are correct.

The Golden Compass is the first book in this AMAZING trilogy called "His Dark Materials" (or the "Northern Lights Trilogy" in the UK) by Philip Pullman. These books are soooooooooo good. I would put them at the same level as Harry Potter. Yeah. That good. I need to re-read them to refresh my memory, but I'm fairly certain that these books have a lot more depth than Harry Potter, but still with an exciting and highly original plot.

Anyway, apparently a movie of the first book is being made. I WILL be seeing this film when it comes out. If you haven't read these books--read them. If you have--please rant with me about them. I highly recommend going to the website and checking out the movie.

http://www.goldencompassmovie.com/

And you can find out what your daemon (your soul, in animal form...it has to do with the books...you need to read them) is. Mine is a Jackal named Romulus. So cool!!! Anywho, here it is.





Read these books!!!! (To the Jerman: I think that you especially would love them)

1 Comments:

Blogger Peas said...

Eh. They were okay. I liked the first one.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home