The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm really bad at this game

The game is called College.

I didn't do most of the reading for my Psych class, which means I will probably fail the quiz miserably. And for some reason I don't care.

I used to be a straight A student. And although I'm still straight, I'm not an A student anymore. B's used to be unacceptable; now a mix of A's and B's is satisfactory. I sometimes wonder why and how my attitude has changed in this regard.

Perhaps it's because I wanted to get into a good college. Perhaps it's because the competition in high school was much smaller and more comparative than it is here. I mean, I was competing for valedictorian--all of the smart kids knew each others' GPA's--and everything was so much more...contained. Here, no one knows or cares what your GPA is. There is little competition among students, and getting A's and B's is pretty darn good because college is harder than high school.

Also, I think I just have different priorities now. Spending time with friends or man-crushes or reading a tasty novel just seem so much more rewarding than putting in the effort to get an A in a class. If I can enjoy those things and get a B, I feel like I did a pretty darn good job at juggling everything.

The only drawback is I know I could get an A. It's definitely possible. And so when I get a B, I almost feel like I failed because I didn't do as well as I could have.

I suppose it's another Catch 22. The story of my life.

Still, I don't regret going out with Gogie and PaperTowel last night. PT is so effing hot and I won't see him until the fall.

*sigh*

4 Comments:

Blogger Klobas said...

but how was the ninja turtles movie?

6:51 PM  
Blogger Peas said...

Whatever we all know you're failing everything.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

Wow that's crazy. Your thoughts are almost word for word what I explained to Gimple at the end of last semester. I know I could get A's, and I wish that I did, but I just don't feel like it's worth the effort. I'm totally complacent with B's. In fact, my motto recently has been "B's and C's get degrees..."

Spending time with man-crushes is definitely more rewarding than studying anyway. And does PT read your blog? Cause you're pretty bold if he does....

11:50 AM  
Blogger Original Mohomie said...

Heh, you're not alone with those houghts about juggling everything yet still feeling a tinge of failure, knowing you could've done better in your classes. But if you focused only on your classes and ignored other things, you'd wonder what you missed out on with those other things or how you failed socially. All these choices and demands and conflicts...life's a b@#$% sometimes, eh? *wink*

Anyway, I think those are thoughts most of us have. Well, except for PT being effing hot.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home