The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Saturday, May 12, 2007

So tired.

I went camping with BloodMan and the Native last night. It was delightful, although I never sleep well on rocky ground when it's cold outside. I estimate that I got five-ish hours of sleep, if that. Nevertheless, it was wonderful. And we didn't even have toilets. This is deserving of more, so I will hopefully post later about it, but for now, I can't.

When we finally got back to where we get reception, I received a text message from Charlene telling me to call her asap. My heart sunk and I called her knowing there was bad news. She informed me that Cuorderoy was not doing well--that she had developed an infection and that the doctors didn't know what was going to happen. Mother Cuorderoy called me a few minutes later to tell me the same thing. Apparently Cuorderoy lost three pints of blood from hemorrhaging. She said Cuorderoy is doing a little better than last night, but that things still aren't well.

I asked Mother Cuorderoy how she was doing, and she said she had been a mess early this morning, but that she was feeling better now. She sounded so tired, but she is so strong. I told her that if she needed anything that she could call me or my parents. "I know, Steph," she said. "I love you." I love that woman so much. She has always been like a second mother to me, and as soon as I hung up with her the tears came. I was glad I was with the Native--he gave me a tissue and was able to calm me down.

When I got home, I called the four people Mother Cuorderoy had asked me to call to tell them what was going on. That was hard. I tried reading a couple of blogs, but I just couldn't. I'm exhausted, physically and emotionally. Crying doesn't help, and goodness knows I've done plenty of that today. I will catch up on blog-reading and everything else later, but right now I'm just too tired.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peas said...

I'm sorry. You can text me next time if something else happens, if it's easier. Or you can delegate some people for me to call...even though I really wouldn't want to. But I'm sure you don't either. :( Love you.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I totally understand your feeling of being tired and not motivated to do anything. I hope you're feeling better and that things work out...

Oh, and Happy Mother's Day (since you're a future mother)!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home