The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Saturday, June 30, 2007

It's good to be home.

Being back home is pretty nice. With no homework and no calling, I don't really have anything that I have to do. I can play piano or harp or Guitar Hero for as long as I want. I can blog, or watch TV, or read a book whenever I feel like it. At first it was boring--I like to keep myself busy--but now I'm getting acclimated to the relaxation. I don't mind having nothing to do. It's sort of nice. Plus soon I'll start working and then I'll be a lot busier.

I hung out with Puccini this morning. His mom opened a center for the performing arts, and I'm going to be working for her. We're starting a camp on Monday so Puccini and I went to the farmers market to hand out flyers. After a couple of hours we got bored so we went back to the center. Ozz and his daughter were there, who I haven't seen since my trip to Europe last summer, so that was fun. His wife works at the center, so I'll get to see a lot more of them. Ozz is hilarious.

Anyway, Puccini and I sat at the piano and played around for a while. It was just like old times--me stumbling through some pieces I've never seen before while he sings in that fabulous voice of his. It was great. He picked out a bunch of songs he wants me to play for him this summer and I went home very excited. I've really missed working with Puccini. He's very gifted--a real musician that loves music as much as I do--and when I work with him I always feel like I'm part of something amazing.

An dear old friend (we'll call him Pound--and no, it's not because he's fat or violent or anything--it's just a complicated story; perhaps I'll tell it another day) from my first year of Sylvan Singers IM-ed me today. He just asked what I was up to for the summer and then we chatted for a bit. We started talking about movies and I suggested we go see one tonight. He wasn't sure if he could or not, but he's supposed to let me know in the next hour or so. I was going to invite Cuorderoy as well, so it was convenient when she sent me a text asking if I wanted to go see a movie with her. Either "Live Free or Die Hard" or "Ocean's 13." I'm excited.

I think I'll go play piano.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home