The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

This is me

I cleaned and reorganized my room yesterday. I love seeing those movies and books lined up in alphabetical order, so accessible and tidy. I also love the lime coconut verbena scent of my wallflower from Bath and Bodyworks that is endowing my room with its lovely aroma.

I got a lot done today. Picked up AtP's birthday present, which I sort of wanted to keep for myself. Lunched with the Jerman, studied, Facebooked, grocery-ed, and visited with the Native. I hadn't talked to the Native in almost a week (I think that's a record for us) so it was quite lovely to catch up on our mundane but sometimes dramatic lives. I think he'll always be the love of my life--just not in the romantic way.

Watched three or four episodes of Desperate Housewives last night. That show is pure trash but it totally sucks you in and you just want to know what happens next to these people with horribly fake and screwed up lives. And there's quite a bit of eye candy for both sexes. *shrug*

The visiting teachers are coming in a few minutes. It's nice that they come, but I'm sort of just not in the mood. Hmm...

Tried to declare my major. Couldn't figure out how so I just ended up emailing BYU records and asked them to do it for me. I hope that works out. I plan on going to the HFAC tomorrow to figure out how to be a music minor. And I've decided to be responsible and not take German in the fall. It's about time I was serious about growing up.

As much as I'm excited about going to California, I'm going to miss Provo a little. Mostly I'm going to miss the people, but I think I might miss the grid-system, the ease at which I can get away from everything, and the whole not-living-with-my-parents thing. But it should be fun. My brother, Handsome, just informed me he signed up for Calculus and is expecting help on the summer assignment. I'm delighted. (That wasn't sarcastic).

There's a slight irritation on my arm. I have no idea where it came from but I've been cortaid-ing and aloe vera-ing like crazy. I hope it goes away.

Finished The Bell Jar. I thought I was going insane. Fabulous book. In fact, I bought myself a copy today. Hopefully I'll get around to reading some of Sylvia Plath's short stories and poetry this summer.

Not excited to pack.

Not excited to drive for 10+ hours.

Perhaps I should leave on Sunday? MustacheBoy, you decide. If you need more time to pack, don't hesitate to tell me. I'd love to have a free day Saturday. No later than Sunday though.

This blog is really long and fragmented. I sort of like doing that.

I hope the Native finds his wallet. We tried to go to Chuck E. Cheese but he couldn't find his wallet.

PreviousHomeTeacher/Roommate'sBrother asked if the Native was "a boyfriend." Ha. Why does everyone think that?

Mmm Hungarian food tomorrow.

I'm not a huge fan of Dada artists. Cubism is pretty cool though.

The phone is ringing. I'm going to go study.

2 Comments:

Blogger Klobas said...

I don't know the context of comments, but a guess on the 'you and native' boyfriend thing: Everyone says that because this is Provo. That's all anyone thinks about here. the word 'platonic' hasn't yet been discovered here.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Chase said...

Um, I canceled a trip to a film festival to leave on Saturday. So, unless you can find me a really, really good Greek restaurant or come up with a good excuse, I'm still planning on Saturday.

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home