The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Weekend

This is going to be long. *Deep breath.*

Thursday afternoon I was a little worried about my psychology quizzes. Those actually went extremely well, and I found out I had gotten the top grade on the midterm. I left that class very satisfied and BloodMan (previously known as J) picked me up for the Killers concert. It was AWESOME. I had a blast. I want to find out if there are any other cool concerts I could go to before I go home. If you hear of any, let me know.

Friday I woke up to my phone ringing and was surprised to see it was the Masseuse. He asked if I wanted to go hiking in the canyon. I was delighted and said of course. So I donned my chacos and off we went. We had no idea where there were any trails so we just started driving. We took a road that looked like it was going upward and just kept driving. The Masseuse's poor beat-up car struggled up the mountain as his new sub-woofer and speakers blared. We finally found a lookout where we could park, and there happened to be a trail right next to it. Not knowing where it would take us, we followed it.

We had been walking and talking for quite some time when we found what looked like a campground area. We sat on a rock and talked for a couple of hours, trying to get tan and enjoying the view and the breeze. Finally we left because the Masseuse had to get ready for a date that night. After a near-accident in his car, we made it home and I wished him luck on his date. It was a great hike--I really love hanging out with the Masseuse because I feel so comfortable around him. No awkwardness, and I can be completely open and honest. It was a lovely hike.

I washed my feet when I got home, to discover my new chaco tan (AtP is so jealous) and that I was sunburned. Thus far it's fading into a nice tan. Score ten points for me.

I didn't know what to do for the evening because a lot of my friends were out of town, but I text-ed AtP to see what he was doing. I ended up having Costa Vida with him and his mom, and then we visited the Drex/Salad crowd at Salad's house. We met Evading Odd and watched Gimple and Calvin sing a duet. It was interesting. :)

We ended up at the New Kid's house, and enjoyed a movie and crumb cake. So good. AtP was almost too delirious to drive us home, but we made it safely.

Saturday I slept in really late. Really really late. The Jet called and we chatted for a bit. I ran some errands and then the Masseuse and I were supposed to hang out. I made amazing dinner and watched Seinfeld until he called. We both wanted to have an adventure, so we went to explore Utah Lake. We walked out on the rocks as far as possible and sat and talked some more while the sun set over the lake. It sounds cheesy I know, but it was nice to just enjoy each other's company. Plus we talked about this girl he likes. Haha. Anyway, the bugs started eating us so we walked back. We went to his house and picked a movie that neither of us had seen: "Envy" with Jack Black and Ben Stiller. About a half hour before it was over we decided we had lost enough brain cells and turned it off. We drove up the mountain to eat shakes from Wendy's and to talk some more.

I dropped him off and went home to find Gogie and PaperTowel online. Then the Masseuse signed on. So I talked to all of them for about an hour. Finally PT and Gogie signed off, and AtP got on. Eventually we all left, so I got in bed and read a little bit, finally falling asleep around 3 am.

Church today was lovely. I was roommate-less, but I surprised myself with my social skills and actually had people to sit with. I had a good time, and when it was over I rushed over to Grandma's for dinner. The Jerman was going to come but was detained. It was fun though. Grandma and I beat my brother and my uncle at a game of Nil. And now I'm home with a cleaned room.

It was a fabulous weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Klobas said...

I think I remember hearing that 'Envy' was so bad that the studio sat on it for years and only released it after Jack Black got big.

but I'm glad you had fun.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home