The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Friday, July 13, 2007

A head-scratching day

I was really tired at the Center today even though I got more sleep than usual. The little kids were sort of crazy and somehow I was left alone with all of them. Being tired combined with my sometimes-more-than-slight OCD and their craziness didn't really put me in a good mood. I wanted to scream at them all. After lunch we started a tech rehearsal though and things calmed down. Puccini gave me a massage without me even asking, and although it was only about 30 seconds long it made me feel so much better. Then we played games with the kids and I actually had a really fun time. They're adorable.

I was home for less than an hour and then I was off to the movies. Not to enjoy myself--to work. It was my first day back in about a year, so only one girl knew me. Everyone else treated me like I was brand new and had no idea what I was doing. I ignored them and was satisfied by showing off my light-speed cashiering skills and whipping through huge lines. I was pretty surprised at how much I remembered, and I caught on to the new things pretty quick. Ariana, the girl that knew me, luckily, was a manager so I had one cool person to hang out with and who actually trusted me with certain jobs. I was pretty annoyed when one of the chiefs of staff gently reprimanded me when I had been doing something productive. I would have died if it weren't for Ariana.

By the time I got off (thank goodness I wasn't closing), my back and my feet were pretty achy, which is normal when you're working at Brenden Theaters. And I felt really greasy. When I got in the car, I checked my phone. A dear friend of mine had something really upsetting happen to her and I was worried but she said she was too upset to talk. So we'll talk tomorrow. I really hadn't seen this coming, so it was kind of weird. And then another person I had texted just two hours before was unable to talk to me tonight. I didn't mind at all, but I wonder what happened.

So I drove home wondering about these things, and luckily my wondering somehow prevented me from speeding like I usually do. The person behind me got pulled over as I was almost home and I realized I had lucked out because I wasn't really paying attention to how fast I was going.

Mom was playing Guitar Hero as usual. I washed up then Facebooked. And now I'm suddenly exhausted. Tomorrow is Friday and I'm sort of excited about it, mostly because I have nothing to do after work. Relaxing sounds so heavenly right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home