The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Thursday, July 19, 2007

My house

This house soothes me. I love looking out into our backyard--it's beautiful. The sun was going down behind the palm trees and Josh Groban was singing on the stereo that is my brain. Now it's all dark and the many (MANY) clocks we have are tick-ticking away. I can hear the TV on in my parents' room upstairs. My eyelids are slightly droopy.

I was supposed to go see a movie with Char and Cuorderoy, but early in the day I knew I would be in no mood for that. So I apologized and told them something had come up. I got a few things done that I had been meaning to do--emailed my old piano teacher that had somehow found me on MySpace, practiced piano, checked my Facebook, called the Native--so I feel like I was productive.

Sometimes I wish time would go by faster. Not because I want the summer to be over, or because I'm sick of my family, but because there are some things that just need time. I can be very impatient, and I think that has something to do with this. I just want to know what's going to happen in my life. I don't want to wait.

I surprised myself today by being incredibly patient.

In spite of this soothing house, and my eyelids drooping, I'm a little bit lonely tonight. That's not a plea for comments or emails or phone calls. It's just a statement.

I think I'll go have some ice cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home