The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Not quite as expected

My previous expectations for the summer: Go home. Love it for a maximum of two weeks. Get annoyed with family. Suffer the rest of the summer missing life in Provo. Return to Provo.

How it has actually gone: I've loved being home way more than I had anticipated, and for much longer. I haven't gotten sick of my family; on the contrary, I love spending time with them. The really weird thing is that I'm starting to miss Provo, not because I'm sick of my family, but because I actually miss it.

With a few exceptions, I haven't been very good at keeping in contact with my Provo friends. I have plenty of friends here, which I also had not anticipated. And I keep busy with two jobs. But it's just not the same. I miss the routine of Provo. I miss the people I usually saw on a regular basis. I miss going to Zupas, coming home to my little apartment, chatting with my roommates, staying out really late... I miss the groups of people I hung out with.

Life here is fabulous, but it's different. I just suddenly have this feeling I'm getting into a routine here that I don't like as much as my routine there. Slightly depressing.

The Native called me today. We haven't been talking as much as we used to, which is fine because we both know our friendship is to the point where pretty much nothing could affect it negatively, but it was a pleasant surprise nonetheless. Hearing his voice was so normal; I didn't realize how much I have missed him the past couple of weeks. He told me about the latest girl that foisted her number upon him, and we played with the idea of him telling her he just doesn't like girls. I'm supposed to call him tomorrow and I really look forward to it.

I think talking to him just confirmed what I have been feeling all day--I was very happy with my life in Provo. Coming home was definitely necessary, and I'm glad I did it, but I think I'm just ready to come back.

August 18th. Three weeks and one day.

*Sigh*

I miss you guys.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Yay! I can't wait to see you and hang out again. And I still need to call you or something sometime...

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home