The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Friday, August 31, 2007

80's Dancing

Highlights from a lovely evening with Brady, Gimple, YellowSocks (Brady's very cool younger brother), Glee, Hidden, and some random girls that were actually pretty cool.

Everyone looked fabulous. Even in my hideous outfit I was not overdressed. Gimple sported a half-vest and sweatband, Hidden had an afro, and various neon shoelaces were everywhere.

The music was wonderful to dance to. It seemed clear to me that Gimple's purpose in life is solely to 80's dance. Glee was also a fabulous dancer. I told him I was in love with him and that we should be friends. He was delighted. I got to dance with Gimple, Hidden, and Brady, which was tons of fun for me.

Downstairs there was some "gothic" dancing going on, and at Hidden's request Brady and I went down there for a few minutes (mostly for the air conditioning). It was fun though and Hidden impressed me with his very fluid dancing.

At some point in the evening I told Brady he doesn't dance gay. He misheard me and thought I said he doesn't dance good (which is improper grammar but I suppose it was a valid mistake because the music was quite loud). So he was politely offended and didn't understand when I told him it was a good thing. A little while later we cleared up the misunderstanding and with relief he took my observation for a compliment.

Some couple told the DJ they were engaged. So he dedicated a song to them and gave them some advice: "As a happy divorcee I urge you to think long and hard about this decision." After the song he announced he had a wedding present for them: his attorney's phone number, just in case.

Last, but not least, I have to thank Brady for taking me as his date. It was one of the funnest (most fun?) dates I've ever been on, and he was a perfect gentleman. He always stayed with me and danced with me and didn't mind giving me plenty of hugs even though we were both disgustingly sweaty. When I needed a drink or some air, he'd grab my hand and lead the way, and he even lied to me and told me I didn't look bad in spite of my sweatiness. We were even going to go to Vegas afterward so we could get married but we forgot. Maybe another time. I love you Brady.

It was a fantastic night. Now we just need to have a bonfire so I can burn that dress. Takers?

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Sooo much fun! I love you too!

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home