The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Friday, August 10, 2007

My night and Nickelodeon

The concert went really well. I did much better with nerves than usual. I was slightly nervous at the beginning of the Debussy, but it got better and I made it through unscathed. I don't get nervous accompanying Puccini--somehow performing with another person comforts me--so we did really well. I love playing piano for him. He's very professional, has an amazing voice, and is so much fun to work with. We have a really great connection and know how to follow each other. There's something very personal about performing on that level with another person; it's incredible. I really missed that when I was in Provo, and I'm sure I will again. I adore Puccini.

There was a lot of socializing afterwards. IncrediblyNiceCouple (who I had met a couple times before but couldn't remember their names) were there. They remembered me and greeted me with hugs and compliments. Ex-Mayor and Wife were there--they went to Europe with Puccini and I, along with some old Sylvan Singers. Unfortunately they like to talk a lot and they are dreadfully odd, so many of us were trying to avoid them. Puccini somehow managed to escape and left me alone with them. Eventually I was free, so I greeted some of the parents I knew. I later got stuck with Ex-Mayor again for an even longer period of time, and I was afraid to leave him because he looked like he was going to touch the harp (that idea frightens me a lot). I finally scooched him away and escaped. Things died down and I was able to put the harp away and leave.

I went straight for my laptop when I got home, but there was no response from Boy. Of course, it has only been a few hours since I sent the email so I'm not worried yet.

You know, I was thinking about old Nickelodeon shows today. That channel used to be all I watched--Rugrats, Kenan and Kell, All That, Figure it Out, Hey Arnold, Rocket Power, Gulla Gulla Island, Pete and Pete, The Wonder Years, Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, Ah Real Monsters--that channel was off da heazy! And now the only good show is Fairly Oddparents. It's so disappointing. Really. Those old cartoons were especially amazing. I wonder if I could find some of them on DVD...Hmm...

Garage sale tomorrow. Ick. I hate garage sales. Especially since this time I have nothing to sell so I'll be making no money. Maybe I should feign illness. Hmm (again)...

1 Comments:

Blogger Peas said...

Once I was flipping through channels at 2 a.m. and saw an old episode of Ren and Stimpy. I watched it for about three seconds before getting a mad desire to either hurl something at the TV or gnaw my own leg off...sometimes the things we used to watch are just plain stupid no matter how old you are.
But not most of them. Most of the shows we watched as kids kick the crap out of the brain cell destroyers kids watch these days.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home