The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

It was sort of by accident that I came into the blogging world. A dear friend, linked as "Big Bro" on my sidebar, thought my Yahoo screen name (Stephalumpagus) was quite amusing. It was a name given to me by my dearest Naked Native, and Big Brother told me to create a blog just so I could put Stephalumpagus in the URL.

I told him I didn't think it was a great idea--I mean, what in the world would I say on a blog? And who would read it? He suggested I post on my favorite dinosaur or something of that nature. So, being bored, I created this blog. My first post is about my favorite dinosaur.

Of course, Big Brother was the only person who read it. I continued to post randomly on subjects such as macaroni and the smell of burnt vacuum. I told a few of my other friends to go read my blog, and a couple did, but it mostly became a venue for me to entertain myself.

Then the Native flew out to Utah for the EG Conference (which I'm going to this year!). He met a bunch of people like AtP, Samantha, Darrin, the Baker's Son, and he told me all about them. It was a few days later that he created his blog, with my link at the top. I started getting visits from more people, and I visited their blogs as well. I recognized AtP's and Samantha's blogs right away from the stories the Native had told me, so I began read theirs and many many others.

And that's how I made my way into the Queerosphere. Since then, I've met a lot of people from blogland. It's been absolutely delightful. So happy birthday to me!!! If you read my blog and haven't commented, please do! I'd love to hear from you.

1 Comments:

Blogger chedner said...

Wow, let me be the first to comment with a "Happy Birthday!" Albeit, 'tis late -- I hope you will forgive me... even though we really don't know each other... none-the-less, a 'Happy Birthday!' should never be late!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home