The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Monday, September 24, 2007

Update No.4

Dinner and after at the EG Conference:

Highlights:

~Getting to know Glasses and Pinetree better was fabulous. I made a point of getting their phone numbers.

~Smurf came for dinner and the devotional. He was at a different table than we were, but he text me after the awards ceremony started suggesting we escape. He followed me out, followed by Sully and AtP, who suggested we hide in the somewhat large closet he had just discovered. Jokes followed. AtP and Sully returned to the ceremony for some reason though, so Smurf and I left. We contemplated swimming in the reflecting pool in front of the temple, but it was too cold so we just went and washed his sweatshirt instead.

~The main speaker for the devotional was Michael McLean, who is pretty well-known in the Mormon music world. He was a pretty hilarious speaker, but he wasn't the greatest singer. Peas pointed out that he sounded like Mr. Rogers. He knew he wasn't a singer though so that was good. He actually made some good points. I really liked his thoughts on the story about Peter walking on water. And I think I'm going to have to save the texts AtP sent me. Ha.

~On the way back to Provo, an acquaintance of mine who is friends with AtP called and came out to me. We basically decided to be BFF's, and he came over to AtP's house for a little while. Jacob was there too, along with Samantha and family and various other Moho's. Glasses even came. I was asleep for the majority of the time I was there, but it was still fun. I was sad to say goodbye to everyone, but I was way tired.

It was crazy but fun. I haven't called my mom yet to tell her about it, but I plan on calling her tomorrow. I don't know if I'll go next year or not--I'll at least go for the devotional--but I'm really glad I went. I actually did get a few really good things out of it and made a few new friends. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home