The way things are

Life is a really hard game. The pieces keep falling out of those teeny little cars!

Monday, November 26, 2007

Things

I went to Arizona last week. My brother goes to law school at ASU and Arnold's family lives out there so we spent Thanksgiving in 80 degree weather. It was a nice change, but I missed Jacob a lot. We went to the zoo on Wednesday, and Thursday was all right. Probably the worst Thanksgiving I've ever had, but it was all right. I've just never had it away from home before and it didn't quite have the right feeling. *Shrug.* The food was pretty good though so I guess it's all right. Oh, and we got to meet my brother's girlfriend. We all liked her.

Friday was my favorite day. After Toaf (my older brother) showed us around ASU, Pink Drink picked me up and we went to lunch. Pink Drink is one of about three non-LDS people from high school that I continue to regularly contact. She goes to ASU so I got to see her. We had a delightful time at lunch and she told me some fun stories about getting drunk. She's on the lookout for a nice man to date, but she says the guys in Arizona only want one thing, and that's one thing she won't do. I was proud of her. Haha.

We went shopping after lunch, and although I usually prefer to shop for clothes by myself, I felt very comfortable shopping with her. Probably because she has very little self-control when it comes to shopping, whereas I have too much. She's also one of my ditsy-er friends which made it a lot of fun. I got to go see her family too (I absolutely adore her mother) so it was a fun day.

Saturday I got up early to fly home. Jacob picked me up from the airport and we went to the mall. We got lunch at Applebee's, then opted to see a movie instead of shopping in the cold. We saw "Across the Universe" which was very artsy and very good. If you like artsy weird movies with amazing music, you would love it. There was some female nudity, which was sort of unnecessary, but there weren't sex scenes or anything and if I remember correctly the swearing was pretty mild. I don't recommend it for everyone, but I do recommend it.

After the movie we headed over to Abravanel Hall to attend the performance of Handel's "Messiah." It was a good kick off for the Christmas season. Also the Utah Symphony used a Baroque orchestra to perform it which was pretty cool. The harpsichord looked really nice.

Sunday was a good day. Church was nice, then I went to my grandparents' house for dinner. My aunt Shauna and some of her family were there, in addition to the regulars (Aunt Shelly and her family, me, Jacob, and my grandparents). Jacob fits in nicely, which is great.

That night I had a rehearsal, but since our conductor was out of town, Jacob and I had to go to her house in Springville and drive her car with the trailer that holds the bells back to Provo. It was kind of scary, especially when we had to back up, but Jacob performed splendidly and we made it to Provo and back with no damage. I bought Jacob Pudding on the Rice tonight to repay him for driving.

It's been several weeks since I've checked anyone's blog (include Peas' and Jacob's) so I tried to catch up on those today. AtP and I went to Costa Vida for dinner, which is always delightful food and company. I hadn't seen him in a while, so it was nice to talk and laugh with him. I love that he's been patient with me even though I haven't been the greatest friend this semester. I love you AtP.

Pudding on the Rice was quite tasty, and I got my homework done for tomorrow. I still have a ton of stuff to do before next week, but school is almost over. I can't wait for next semester.

Again, sorry for not being around. I IMed one of my friends the other day because I hadn't heard from him in about a month. He seemed really annoyed with me even though he hadn't tried to communicate with me either. I felt bad because I've been busy and I had tried to contact him earlier via Facebook and he hadn't responded.

So if any of you are offended that I haven't really been around, I'm very very sorry. I really do think about all of you often and I have caught up on reading your blogs. I'd love to do lunch with you sometime, just give me a call. AtP and Brady both contacted me today and it was absolutely lovely to hear from them. I would love to hear from more of you.

Thanks for being a part of my life. Love you! Muah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home